NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
What is CSD?
The Common Sense Divorce is intent on revolutionizing divorce in Ontario by investing in dispute resolution processes designed to keep families out of court. We believe that divorce and separation must become less destructive; both financially, emotionally and, more than anything else less destructive for the children involved. We are a successful start-up venture with 4 years experience in developing restorative dispute resolution processes. We are about innovation: regularly breaking down the divorce process, challenging assumptions, engaging, rearranging and repositioning professional expertise with great emphasis on how we can offer clients increased creative options and dispute resolution solutions.
Currently, CSD is investing in (ODR) dispute resolution technologies and processes with the agenda of growing and expanding technology-based options. CSD is currently leveraging technology with the intention of transitioning our existing proprietary process to a technology based dispute resolution system that creates more affordable model for clients and further minimizes the negative effects of separation. We will be launching our “innovation and disruption” lab in Newmarket/Markham ON in Jan 2017.
Who we are looking for?
The Product Manager/Developer is a pioneering position and will require multi-disciplinary skills in order to create and guide our product development while ensuring that, in the end, a marketable product is delivered to our end users. Your primary purpose is to gather market intelligence, perform customer research, translate customer “needs” and “wants” into requirements, and to shepherd those requirements through to delivery by implementing the UI/UX design. We require an individual that understands the importance of great UI/UX. This person will recognize the importance of great usability and design across platforms such as mobile, web, and tablet.
We require a Product Manager/Developer who is an entrepreneur-minded and results-oriented individual to lead, architect, design, develop and deliver innovative dispute resolution processes and solutions for our end users, clients and partners. We are looking for a very personable, enthusiastic, all-hands-on-deck, highly motivated, self-organized and detail-oriented individual to help lead our team into our next phase of development.
The hired candidate will work with a small (2-3 person) development sprint team and must be able to perform and produce in 7-21 day sprint cycles while working collaboratively with other team members. We need a strong, vibrant, vocal and most importantly organized contributor, someone who can foster collaborative development practices in our innovation and disruption lab and promote those practices to the rest of the team and to our constituents.
Our Product Manager/Developer must be a creative problem-solvers with a curious mind, who can both teach and learn with their Sprint Team. Someone who can get up to speed quickly and move between projects seamlessly. Above all, they need to be a technology innovator – someone who strives to be on the cutting edge, thirsty for knowledge and constantly looking for ways to apply new tech and new ideas to solve problems.
What are the requirements and qualifications for this role?
• 3+ years experience in UI design across all major platforms
• Experience creating and delivering software products as a front end programmer/developer, architect.
• Knowledge and experience working with APIs.
• Experience with tools such as Sketch, PhotoShop, InVision, Illustrator, etc.
• Excels working in an agile environment with constant change.
• The ability to easily communicate and collaborate with others.
• Experience making decisions backed by data & metrics
• Experience in one or more development frameworks (server side, browser side, desktop, mobile, etc.).
• Understanding of media & design, cognitive sciences, design theory, cultural modification.
• Experience with agile software development and lean start-up methodologies.
• Self-motivated, eager to take ownership and initiative, with the ability to prioritize efforts and deliver excellent work in a timely fashion.
• Degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
Your role at CSD?
• Work with a small lab team to research, propose and design technical solutions for market and industry problems that are relevant to our domains.
• Plan, design, build and operate the software and infrastructure for our solutions – both prototypes and commercially deployed.
• Evaluate new and existing technology (competitors) for its ability to contribute to solving our targeted problems.
• Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, software design, and architecture rationale both verbally and visually.
• Mentor fellow lab members on software development concepts and practices.
• Contribute to an interdisciplinary and entrepreneurial team.
What are the benefits of working at CSD?
• Competitive compensation with potential for professional and revenue growth.
• Innovating disruptive technologies with huge social reform potentials.
• Wide variety of projects provides constant challenges and learning opportunities.
• Exposure and engagement across industries and markets as part of a multinational organization.
• Work out of Community Tech Hub – surrounded by other labs and start-ups for amazing inspiration and collaboration opportunities.
• A small and dedicated team – focused on and celebrating each other’s successes.